Email marketing often gets overlooked as a valuable and successful marketing tool. Most consumers check their email every single day. Those who work from home tend to check their email more often so they won’t miss any important notifications. There are so many ways to reach your target audience, and email marketing has proven to increase sales. Here’s all you need to know about how email marketing works, different strategies, and tips to succeed.
How Email Marketing Works
Email marketing is sending commercial emails to a list of clients or prospects who have given their email address and agreement to receive communications from your business via email. It’s a great strategy to reach your audience and give instant relevant information. Most business websites have an option for their visitors to subscribe to their email list and many consumers prefer that as their means of communication with the business.
To start email marketing campaigns, you first need an active email list of contacts who opt-in to receive email marketing materials. Managing and creating the campaign and email database on your own can be tricky, so having a service platform or marketing firm can streamline the process. Email marketing campaigns can be promotional, informational, or spread brand awareness.
Email Marketing Strategies
When creating a marketing strategy, it’s best to have clear goals and objectives in mind. With a set goal, it’s easier to optimize the emails. Here are some strategies to consider for optimizing your email campaign:
- Have a catchy subject line. It’s the first thing that grabs a person’s attention and draws them to read the email.
- Use a casual and concise tone. For promotion emails, most people just want to know the gist of the email without scouring for it.
- Ensure it’s mobile-friendly content. So many people check their email on their phones and will typically just disregard the email if they have trouble viewing it on their devices.
- Personalize the content. Instead of addressing the email to ‘valued customer’ or something generic, use their name. They’ll likely pay closer attention to the content.
- Segmentation. It’s one step closer to sending relevant content to your specific target audience.
- Urgency and CTA. While the tone should be conversational, it also needs to be urgent. Send the consumer directly to your website after reading the email. Using a call to action can help with the urgency.
The emails should also include captivating images. Another primary consideration is to make sure your emails don’t end up in spam. Using a service can help prevent that from happening. Some of the different types of marketing emails can be focused around:
- Monthly newsletters
- Company updates
- Welcoming to the brand
- Special offers, promotions, or sales
- New products or services
- Local events or community involvement
Email Marketing Campaigns With Digital Mules
Digital Mules has seen first-hand the benefits of email marketing campaigns. We’re able to measure and track the effectiveness. Consumers appreciate that the emails are permission-based and relevant to their wants.
We can help you increase your business with email marketing with our professional services, from designing your webpage and creating the email copy to reputation management. Digital Mules is here to promote your business. Click here to learn more about email marketing and our services.